Thursday, June 7, 2018

Breaking Down 2017

Ok folks! I'm done incubating kids, and so excited to get back to fully dedicated agent time! I've JUST re-opened to submissions, and thought I'd finally share my last year's stats post!

Here's how my agent life stacked up in numbers for 2017:

Queries (unsolicited) rec’d:






Request rates (based on above):




Requested genres by number:




Hot buttons: humor, science, adventure, mystery, gritty, fantasy, assassins, poison, LGBT, gothic, romance, magical realism, #ownvoice, book club fiction, author/illustrator


Avg. response time: EONS

I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO GO THERE.
With being closed and preparing for leave, sadly, submissions fell very behind. But! No more! Promise!


Months with most queries: January- March

Months with most requests: Feb-April, June

Most active period of offering and signing: June-Oct


Happy querying! Here's some more info!

How to Submit to Me
#MSWL

No comments:

Post a Comment