Friday, April 3, 2015

Baby! and Agent Achievement: Unlocked!

My greatest adventure has begun:

I am thrilled to announce the birth of Robert Alexander Lakosil!



March 1, 2015 7.5 lbs, 19 in

Obviously, I have been MIA for a bit, and will continue to be as I'm on leave learning to normalize with this little guy.

BUT

There will be more posts. Promise. :)

In the mean time, I am also thrilled to announce that I have unlocked a pretty BAMF Agent Achievement: I totally negotiated and closed a deal while in labor and in delivery.

Yup.

It was a pretty fun conversation to have with the editor:

Me: Oh, sorry for the delay, I had a baby yesterday.
Editor: You had a baby yesterday?!

I can't say that all agents mark these same milestones, but to me, the Agent Achievements include first sale, first royalty payment, first released book, first auction, first pre-empt, first six figure deal, and, of course, negotiating a deal while in labor, etc.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED


19 comments:

  1. I call that dedication! Congratulations!!! (On the deal and the baby, but especially the baby.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Natalie! On the baby (and the deal). He's gorgeous. And boys are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sugoi! That's Japanese for awesome. Congratulations on your baby and amazing book deal all in one week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! So. Adorable. And I can't believe you closed a deal while having a baby. My multitasking skills only apply to eating a sleeve of Oreos while watching bad TV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so very happy for you, Natalie! What a wonderful way to start the year...a synergy that is obviously working well for you - you made it seem as easy as ABC...A-genting + B-aby = C-areer C-oup.
    But I'm sure it was not...congratulations on all these wonderful achievements! And your little guy is precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on all counts! I've got a seven month old at home :-) Wishing you lots of joy with the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Natalie- this will be the best adventure yet! All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Natalie! He looks sooooo sweet!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many congratulations, Natalie! Robert is such a sweetie! Sending you all good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your baby he looks so adorable! Also congrats on the book deal that is dedication! Robert is lucky to have such an ambitious dedicated mother.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg, you're hilarious! I'm pretty sure all I accomplished when I was in labor was nearly ripping my husband's face off. Congrats on your beautiful little one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Also, the Bradford Lit site says you're open to queries MAY 1st, but that seems too soon! I'm thinking your sidebar note about being open June 1st is the accurate one, right? I hope they change that for you, otherwise you'll have a flood of queries before you're ready!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, double congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, congrats on both! And he's a beautiful little baby. Very sweet and alert expression.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks a lot for providing this amazing post! This is truly the beginning of the real adventure of a lifetime! assignment writer

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is truly the beginning of the real adventure of a lifetime! assignment writer

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had my last baby just hours after delivering THE END of my first novel to my betas. I like to refer to that one and my son as twins. They were both awesome things I brought into the world at that same magical time. It's a moment I will treasure forever.
    Congrats to you laboring over two things of beauty at the same time! And he is perfection in every way, Natalie! Many blessings!!

    ReplyDelete