Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Love/Hate Wednesday

LOVE

Patience.

Trust me, I wish things moved faster, too, but most of the time…this industry moves at a snail’s pace. Between waiting for reads, responses, edits, contract, royalties, etc etc…it’s a lot of waiting! But we’re all in this together, and I appreciate immensely when authors are patient. I do everything in my power to expedite all processes, including my own, and an understanding author makes me all that much more motivated!


HATE

Cleary copy-and-pasted query letters.

I’m not under the delusion that all query letters are perfectly crafted and tailored just for me. But we get SO many queries that have clearly copy-and-pasted a template and then written in our name because the fonts and sizes don’t match!

My tip: “paste as plain text” before you send out, or change to HTML and back to regular, to get rid of any lingering formatting inconsistencies that’ll make your query stick out as a copy-and-paste send.

1 comment: